Sunday, April 14, 2013


A Rainbow of colors….Crayon art part 2

Hello everyone and welcome to the second part of this What’s Pinning?! entry.

This project was part of the whole crayon art craze. I have to admit I enjoyed these two projects a lot and so did the kiddies. This project was intended for those leftover crayons that have been broken. Instead of discarding them they can be saved, melted, and left to harden. Voila…you have a new rainbow crayon. I didn’t have any old crayons and I kind of deviated from the normal way to do these as I didn’t have supplies on hand. Usually a silicone mold would be used to make these but I couldn’t find them in my area and I really didn’t want to pay anywhere from $8.00 - $15.00 plus shipping for something that I wouldn’t use often. So I used mini plastic Tupperware. I’ll admit I wasn’t sure how it would hold up in the oven but I gave it try and it did quite well. I want to give a BIG thank you to one of mine and my kiddies favorite you tube channels yoyomax12 for her instructional. As always you can find the link for these instructions below. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest so we can share ideas.
 
Cost of materials:

Crayons: $4.99 for 200 crayons (I still have A LOT left over)

Mini Tupperware: $.99 @ (Deals)

Aluminum pan: $.79 @(my local supermarket)
 
 
Total Project Price =  $6.77 (of course this is a very rough total price because old crayons will be used or not either way a fun project.)

 

Project Difficulty:  Easy

Time Taken: 45 minutes
 
 
 
 

 
Mini Tupperware

 
 
Broken crayons
 

 
Baked for 20 - 25 minutes


 
Popped out after flexing the sides

 
Finished project
 
 
 
 
 
 Don’t forget to follow me on www.pinterest.com/jadex7
                                            
                                                



No comments:

Post a Comment