Tuesday, April 2, 2013

All That Glitters...Modge Podge Iphone 4/4s Case

Hello everyone,

Welcome to another What's Pinning?! post.

Usually I do a different project every week and post on Sunday for your viewing pleasure but this particular project is an unscheduled one. I needed a new Iphone case but I didn't want to spend $15-$20 on a brand new one. Cheap, maybe but I'm a big believer that if it can be saved,....So I got out the modge podge, the old iphone case, some glitter and some leftover material from a project still in the making and voila.....awesome.


Cost of material:

  • Modge Podge = $8.41 - 16 ounce bottle I brought the gloss kind (found on amazon)

  • Glitter = $1.29 x 2 (brought @ Michaels)

  • Glass tiles = $2.69 each bag (Brought @ Michaels)

  • Mosaic mini tiles = $2.49 each bag (Brought @ Michaels)

  • Old Iphone case = N/A
 
Total Project Price =  $16.17

Most of the materials can be used for other projects. The glass tiles and mosaic mini tiles were actually brought for another project, I just used what was left over which was quite a few so I still have some extras. The Modge Podge will be used for plenty of other projects as well. So if I had to guess the cost of this project, it was approx.. under $5.00 but don’t quote me J

 

Project Difficulty:  Easy

Time Taken: 1 ½

 
    
                                 
                                                               The old Iphone case


 
     
 
Here I mixed some a small amount of glitter with the modge podge

         
 
I then "painted" it all over the Iphone case. After this was done I sprinked the entire
case with the glitter. I then shook off the excess and let it dry for about 15-20 minutes. I then
repeated this step and let dry.
 
 
        
 
      I glued on the mirror and mosaic tiles and let it dry.

                                   Once dried I did one more coat of modge podge with no glitter
                                                         (it acts a sealant) and let it dry completely



 
            
 

 
 
                                                Don’t forget to follow me on www.pinterest.com/jadex7

No comments:

Post a Comment